Cogstate Limited’s Board of Directors (The Board) is responsible for the corporate governance of the Company. The Board guides and monitors the business and affairs of Cogstate Limited on behalf of shareholders. The Board is elected by shareholders and is ultimately accountable to them.
In accordance with ASX Listing Rule 4.10, Cogstate provides a statement in the annual report disclosing how the Council’s best practice recommendations have been followed in the reporting period, including reasons where they have not been followed.
A copy of the Company’s Constitution is available here.
The Corporate Governance Statement has been structured in line to the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s “Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations”. The Corporate Governance of Cogstate Limited is based on eight principles:
- Lay solid foundations for management and oversight;
- Structure the Board to add value;
- Promote ethical and responsible decision making;
- Safeguard integrity in financial reporting;
- Make timely and balanced disclosures;
- Respect the rights of shareholders;
- Recognise and manage risk and;
- Remunerate fairly and responsibly