Are you a clinical psychologist, neuropsychologist, neuropsychiatrist or behavioral neurologist?
We’re expanding our consultant network of Local Expert Advisors (LEADs), offering exciting, impactful and flexible consulting opportunities for clinicians around the world.
- Exciting consulting opportunities with a fast-growing global company
- Professional diversification
- Flexible, customizable work schedule, WFH
- Contribute to pharmaceutical advances in dementia research, one of the biggest public health issues of this century, and other psychological/neurological indications
- Opportunity to join a network of 106 international experts in neuropsychology
|Job Title||Local Expert Advisor (LEAD),
Consulting Neuropsychologist, Clinical Trials
|Reports To||Clinician Network Manager|
|Functional Area||Scales and Rater Training|
|Job Type||Part time|
The Local Expert Advisor (LEAD) will be a bilingual, clinical psychologist or neuropsychologist in a consulting role in global clinical trials delivering reviews of completed neuropsychological test batteries, which have been administered to subjects during international pharmaceutical clinical trials. Cogstate provides all consultants with comprehensive (compensated) training on general Cogstate operational policies and study-specific procedures prior to performing reviews. Weekly time commitment and work flow vary by study and language demand as well as consultant availability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Offering expert opinion to Cogstate’s operational and science teams on culture-specific aspects of the paper and pencil assessment process
- Provide input in translation and cultural validation of tests
- Translate response forms into English
- Assist in local rater training and certification
- Coach raters on clinical interviewing skills, standardized administration and scoring practices
- Additional types of work for select studies may include direct 1:1 training of raters via either Skype or a site visit
- Lead face to face training of raters at local investigator meeting
- Providing reviews of completed neuropsychological test batteries for central monitoring of data to ensure accuracy in administration and scoring and contribute to the overall success of a clinical trial
- Review response forms coming from local sites and offer feedback to those raters via email and telephone communications
- Liasing with and offering support to personnel at local sites
- MD, PhD or equivalent degree in clinical psychology/neuropsychology/neuropsychiatry or behavioural neurology
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with neuropsychological assessment in clinical research industry, academic or clinical settings
- Experience with cognitive assessment of dementia and/or psychiatric populations
- Bilingual, licensed psychologists (English + one or more additional language(s), with high written and spoken proficiency in both, native and second languages (most desirable language include French, German, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Chinese/Mandarin and particularly Japanese at this time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, being highly organized and methodical, with attention to detail to ensure delivery
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, email, Skype, cloud-based storage service and software installation (review work requires MS Office Excel 2010 or newer).
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. A consultant may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.