Parkinson’s Disease Batteries
Cogstate tests are organized into batteries that assess the cognitive domains affected by PD, such as processing speed, attention, verbal and visual learning, working memory, visual motor function, executive function, and social cognition.
Cogstate tests are rapid, reliable, simple and sensitive. Each test has been shown to be valid for use in different cultures and language groups with comparative/normative data available for both clinical samples and healthy controls. Tests have been used in all phases of drug trials and maintain excellent reliability across repeated testing and cross-sectional research designs.
Battery recommendations for PD studies vary depending on the stage of the disease and the study’s focus area. Batteries take between 5-40 minutes to complete (depending on the tests included), have standardized administration, and automated data processing and scoring.
Example PD Cognitive Battery
- International Shopping List Tests [Verbal Learning]
- Detection Test [Psychomotor Function / Processing Speed]
- Identification Test [Attention]
- One Card Learning Test [Visual Learning]
- One Back Test [Working Memory]
- Two Back Test [Working Memory]
- Groton Maze Learning Test [Executive Function]