Cogstate Healthcare delivers innovative solutions for cognitive assessment needs in the clinical setting. As a first step, we are driving cognitive assessment innovations to support prescreening and monitoring of cognitive impairment related to a variety of brain disorders.
Challenges in brain health management are more critical than ever. In the next decade, better solutions for screening, diagnosis, and treatment of brain disorders are imperative.
Millions of people around the world suffer from mild to severe cognitive impairment, as a result of long-term disease progression (such as Alzheimer’s disease), surgical complications or sports injuries.
1 in 10 people aged 65 years or older has Alzheimer’s disease.
The Cognigram system detects very subtle changes in cognition that could signify the early stages of dementia. Because neurological changes begin 20 or more years before cognitive symptoms appear, early detection of dementia is critical.
Post-surgical delirium affects up to 50% of patients, costing $164 billion per year.
In the perioperative setting, postoperative cognitive dysfunction (POCD) occurs in up to 53% of patients over 65 years of age and in patients with moderate to severe cases, decline in cognitive function can be substantial and long term.
42 million people globally suffer from concussion each year.
The Cognigram system offers unique value as a sensitive and reliable tool for baseline testing and post-injury evaluation. Sport organizations ranging from secondary education to professional and elite groups around the world depend upon its test battery for decision support in their concussion management programs.
The Cognigram system is a simple and scientifically valid computerized test, intended to aid healthcare professionals with rapid assessment of cognition in individuals aged 6 – 99 years old, is HIPAA compliant, and FDA reviewed.
- Provides rapid assessment of cognitive function in 10-15 minutes with immediate results available to clinicians.
Immediate & Informative Report
- Rapid reporting with results immediately available to clinician after testing.
- Detects subtle changes in cognition that may not be apparent on traditional instruments.
- Fully automated to simplify the practice of routine cognitive assessment.
- Flexible administration with in-clinic or at-home testing on PCs or iPads/tablets.
Sensitive & Reliable Tests
- Performance unaffected by language, education, cultural background, or practice.
- Sensitive to change in a wide range of brain disorders.
- Reliable results with high test-retest validity.
- Widely validated and adopted in academic research and pharmaceutical drug trials.
Cogstate Brief Battery
The Cognigram system utilizes the Cogstate Brief Battery™, which has been used in over 1,000 research studies around the world and cited in hundreds of peer-reviewed journal publications.
The Battery consists of four tests, where a single playing card stimulus is presented in the center of the device screen. At the presentation of each playing card stimulus, the patient is required to respond either “YES” or “NO”.
“Has the card turned over?”
Cognitive Domain Assessed: Psychomotor Function
“Is the card red?”
Cognitive Domain Assessed: Attention
One Card Learning Test
“Have you seen this card before?”
Cognitive Domain Assessed: Visual Learning
One Back Test
“Is the card the same as the previous card?”
Cognitive Domain Assessed: Working Memory